Contesting Information, Links, Notes, & Results
Contests I Participate In
- January VHF QSO Party. January 18-20, 2014. Writeup
- June VHF QSO Party/Contest. Writeup - "Real Soon Now"...
- Spring Microwave Sprint. Writeup - "Real Soon Now"...
- January VHF QSO Party. January 21-22, 2012. Writeup
- September VHF QSO Party. September 10-11, 2011. Writeup
- 10 GHz (and up) Cumulative Contest. August 20, 2011 (first weekend only). Writeup
- August UHF. August 06, 2011. Writeup
- June VHF QSO Party. June 11-12, 2011. Writeup
- Spring 144MHz Sprint. April 11, 2011. Writeup
- CQ WW VHF- July 17-18, 2010. Only worked 5 hours. Not much activity, some E-skip. 23 QSO's, 14 mults, 420 points. Best Dx - 2024.8 km to K0HA in EN10lx (new grid and a new state/NE). Also two more new grids (EM57/W9RVG and EM86/N2WN).
- 2010 June VHF QSO Party - June 12, 2010. Only worked 6 hours QRP hilltop portable on Saturday. Some active E-skip. Setup in the rain, packed up in the rain and dark, and broke Deb's truck on the way down the hill (I'll be paying for that one for a while!!!). Results: 38 QSO's, 46 QSO points x 27 Grids = 1242 points. Best dx: 2198.4km to K5QE in EM31cj.
- 2010 K9JK Spring 50 MHz sprint - May 8, 2010. I didn't end up operating in this once for various personal reasons, which is a shame since I'd love more 6m grids!
- New England QSO Party - May 1-2, 2010. Results: 21 QSO's x 14 mults = 294 points. 7 new states ( AZ, IN, NM, NV, OR, UT, WA), bringing my total to 30 worked, 24 confirmed. All this on 20 watts into a Buddipole vertical. I meant to compete in QRP, but had made a few contacts at 20W before I realized the limit was 5W, so I entered my log as low power.
- 2010 K9JK Spring Microwave sprint - May 1, 2010. Results: 2 QSO's, 161km total dx, best dx: 90.5 km to K1TEO in FN32jh. Old rules: 2 QSO's x 1 grid = 2 points. Failed to work WA2VNV in FN30, and failed to work my own grid!
- 2010 K9JK Spring 432 MHz sprint - April 28, 2010. Results: 9 QSO's, 852.5km total dx, best dx: 217.7km to K1WHS in FN43mj. Old rules: 9 QSO's x 4 grids = 36 points. Special thanks to K1TR for suffering through my poor CW skills long enough to log a QSO. I definitely needed the practice under real-world contest conditions.
- 2010 K9JK Spring 222 MHz sprint - April 20, 2010. Results: 14 QSO's, 1320.2km total dx, best dx: 217.7km to K1WHS in FN43mj. Old rules: 14 QSO's x 5 grids = 70 points. 1 New grid (FN30), and new best dx of 217.7 km.
- 2010 K9JK Spring 144 MHz sprint - April 12, 2010. Results: 28 QSO's, 5284.6km total dx, best dx: 687.8km to KG4HOT in FM07ps. Old rules: 28 QSO's x 9 grids = 252 points.
- 2009 SVHFS Fall Sprint Results - 144MHz: 15th, 432MHz: 23rd.
- 2009 Spring Sprints Results - 144MHz rookie: 2nd, 432 MHz rookie: 3rd, 50 MHz rookie: 4th, Cumulative rookie: 3rd.
email: didah didah didahdahdahdah didit at didah didah didahdahdahdah didit dot net