Amateur Radio Logging
Everybody does it differently. This is how I do it. If any of this is helpful to someone else, that is good.
- I use RoverLog for my logging during the contest, saving the log to a xxx.log file
- After the contest, export the log from RoverLog as a xxx.adf file
- Check power setting and comment in roverlog2linlog.sh
- Run "./roverlog2linlog.sh xxx.adf" (creates xxx.adi)
- Run linlogbook
- file->import Adif file xxx.adi. This will mark the QSO's as ready for export to LotW.
- Manually set dx settings in LinLogBook. I know there should be an automated way to do this. I will look into it.
- Optional: Manually set state, county in LinLogBook.
- File->export for lotw -> xxx-lotw.adi(.adi)
- Optional: Run aa1i-update-html.sh to update html pages
- mv xxx-lotw.adi.adi xxx-lotw.adi
- For rover operations: Use linlogsplit.pl to split the xxx-lotw-out.adi files out by grid activated before signing. This script will preserve the ADIF header.
- Run linlog2lotw.sh xxx-lotw.adi to create a file suitable for signing and submission to LotW. (creates xxx-lotw-out.adi) (For rover operations, Run on each of the split files from linlogsplit.pl)
- tqsl sign xxx-lotw-out.adi. Creates a xxx.tq8 file. For rover operation: repeat for each grid activated.
- Submit the xxx.tq8 file to LotW. For rover operation: repeat for each grid activated.
- If any QSL's are generated in LotW, update the appropriate fields in LinLogBook
- Edit the .log file as needed and submit to the contest according to their instructions. On Linux you may need to run unix2dos on the .log file!
Interesting SQL queries
- Print a table of contacts from a contest, sorted by dx:
select call, gridsquare, dx from QSOS where comment='2010 Spring 144 sprint' order by dx ;
select call, gridsquare, dx from QSOS where comment='2011 Spring 144 Sprint' order by CAST( dx as REAL) DESC ;
- Print total dx from a contest:
select total(dx) from QSOS where comment='2010 Spring 144 sprint';
- Print count of QSO's, total dx, and best dx from a contest:
select count(id), total(dx), max(dx) from QSOS where comment='2010 Spring 144 sprint';
select count(id), total(dx), max(CAST(dx as REAL)) from QSOS where comment='2011 Spring 144 Sprint';
- Print count of QSO's, grids worked, and total score from a single band contest:
select count(id), count (distinct app_linlog_grid4), (count(id) * count (distinct app_linlog_grid4)) from QSOS where comment='2010 Spring 144 sprint';